Saturday, July 21, 2007

Happenings at the Butler House

The past week has been kinda crazy around the house and whatnot. Potty training is slowly progressing. It started out that Kara wouldn't go on the toilet or her potty chair at all for Mommy or Daddy. She would sit on it just wouldn't go. I have been doing a lot of laundry, she would go through all 6 of her panties in one day....not fun! The past few days she has actually gone at least twice on the toilet for me each day. I was so excited the first time she did!! Kara finished up her swimming class yesterday. It was fun spending some quality mommy and Kara time at the college. At the end of class yesterday they put the kids on the diving board and had them jump (well technically they were lowered down to another instructor in the pool) but Kara enjoyed it and even did it twice...my brave little girl!! Apparently Kara has also become quite the artist. On our way out the door to swim class she kept saying colors wall mommy and pointed to the wall in the hallway. And what did I find......some nice scribbling of multiple colors...even purple as she pointed out to me. I was SHOCKED because she has always been very careful with her crayons. I couldn't give her a time out as we were running late as it was so I calmly asked her if she colored anywhere else and she replied with an innocent smile ", no mommy!" After swim class we made a stop at the store to pick up the wonderful Magic Eraser...and I absolutely love it! I included some pics of her art work that I hope you enjoy and one of me and the kids at the end of the day. I look terrible and tired but I couldn't help sharing what happens each night right before bedtime....at least she used many colors
proud of her art!
me at the end of the day....exhausted but still loving the kids

No comments: