Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Years

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years. Mine was very low key. Kids fell asleep and were in bed by 9pm and I sipped on a Smirnoff Twisted Raspberry (it tasted so good, haven't had anything remotely alcholic in well over a year) and watch some T.V. Oh and I was pouting too.....Wayne was supposed to be off, however he got called to go back to work to take care of some unrulely "house guests" of Merced County. He left at 6:45pm and didn't get home until after 12:30am. So I missed my right after midnight New Years Kiss! I got mine around 1am.
As I was sitting and watching ball drop and seeing all those people having fun and all dressed up I began to feel a bit down about it. Am I getting to be an "old" tired house wife. I have never gone out on New Years Eve.....never experienced being out with my special man on that particular evening and getting that "glamourized" midnight kiss while everyone excitedly welcomes in the New Year. Tell me, is that sad or am I being a tad overdramatic and just feeling sorry for myself?
Oh well....back to reality......I do have to say I am looking forward to a very Happy 2008! My daughter will be the big 3 years old in exactly 26 days...yea! Michael is growing so fast and he is working on crawling and has his first tooth. I also have a great husband who I absolutely adore!
To you and your family I wish a very happy, healthy, fun-filled 2008!!

No comments: